OSPS E-News ~ FW: Janus vs. AFSCME supreme court decision - fair share deduction codes in OSPA

Thu Jun 28 16:42:55 PDT 2018

UPDATE:  Here is what DAS OSPS plans to do for the fair share deduction codes by union.

When I mention the code is being outdated below, it means the ongoing deduction code is deleted off of the P070 in the month after the effective date.  For example - outdated 5/31/18 means the deduction code was deleted from the June pay period.

AEE - deduction codes DENN 222 & 333 will be outdated effective 5/31/18.  That means for June run 2 the employee will receive a reimbursement for their June fair share payment.
AFSCME - the union provided a list of fair share employees to DAS OSPS.  Using their list DAS OSPS will outdate effective 5/31/18 the fair share deduction code.  That means for June run 2 the employees on the list provided by AFSCME will receive a reimbursement for their June fair share payment.
AOCE - the union will be reimbursing fair share members directly.  CSNN and CLNN 112 will be outdated 6/30/18.
CIA - has 100% membership (per the union) so no changes.
KFAFFA - has 100% membership (per the union) so no changes.
ONA - deduction code DINN will be outdated 5/31/18.  That means for June run 2 the employee will receive a reimbursement for their June fair share payment.
OPSA - the union will be reimbursing fair share members directly.  DFSA 112 will be outdated 6/30/18.
OSPOA - has 100% membership (per the union) so no changes.
PANG - has 100% membership (per the union) so no changes.
SEIU - the union will be providing DAS OSPS a list of the fair share members and the prorated amount that will be reimbursed to the employee.  DAS OSPS will load this negative one time deduction code to the employee's P070 in June.  The ongoing GSNN, DSNN & TDNN (issues $2.75 flat fee) deduction codes will be outdated effective 6/30/18.
STEA - has 100% membership (per the union) so no changes.

After all these changes there could be employees who have an ongoing fair share deduction code remaining in OSPA.  DAS is working with the unions to provide an updated membership list.  DAS OSPS or the union will communicate if changes need to be made.

Now by removing all these fair share deduction codes it will result in your exception reports expanding due to the exception of '5200-UNION HRS WORKED AND NO UNION DED' populating for fair share employees.  DAS OSPS currently does not have the time or resources to remove this edit but it is on our backlog to address later.  I apologize for this inconvenience.

Thanks,

Seth Lewis
503-373-0198