OSPS E-News ~ March payroll effective date

Thu Mar 29 13:03:26 PDT 2018

UPDATE:  For employees with paper checks our guidance would be to have the employee go through their regular check cashing process on Friday.  If the employee is unable to cash it because of the date then agencies have the option to get the check back from the employee and request a re-write to OSPS.  We have already reached out to DAS printing and distribution and we will be ready to submit a special check run by 3pm tomorrow in order to have checks ready in lock boxes or for pickup by 4pm.

Agencies will need to submit the re-write by 2:30 tomorrow to allow time for us to process them by 3.  You can submit the request by email using the subject line "re-write due to incorrect check date" and include agency #, employee name and OR# in the body of the email.  Please make sure you collect the original check back from the employee and send it into OSPS so we can complete the cancellation process.  No forms needed for these cancellations as we will take care of that part too.

If the employee is unable to cash their check tomorrow because of the date and not in a place to get a reissued check forcing them to wait then the employee needs to refer to their CBA or policy regarding their options.

Again, my apologies for this situation DAS OSPS has created.

Thanks,

Seth Lewis
503-373-0198

From: OSPS-News [mailto:osps-news-bounces at listsmart.osl.state.or.us] On Behalf Of Announcements from OSPS to the users of the Oregon State Payroll Application
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 4:37 PM
To: OSPS News (osps-news at listsmart.osl.state.or.us) <osps-news at listsmart.osl.state.or.us>
Subject: OSPS E-News ~ March payroll effective date

Payroll professionals,

As you might be aware the March run 1 effective date was March 31 for all ACH payments and system generated paper checks by mistake instead of March 30.  OSPS has been able to adjust all ACH files to properly reflect March 30.  Unfortunately any paper checks generated we are not able to correct and reissue in a timely manner.

OSPS recommends sending out the checks as is.  We will be putting out a message in ePayroll letting employees know about this mistake too.  If an employee incurs additional costs/fees as a result of this then please send that information to the OSPS Help Desk.

If checks need to be reissued as a result of this there will be no cost to the agency for the manual check.

My apologies for this error and I will be implementing changes to keep this from coming up again.

Thanks,

Seth Lewis
Manager
DAS/EGS/FBS/Oregon Statewide Payroll Services
503-373-0198, direct
503-378-3518, fax
503-378-6777, OSPS Help Desk
seth.lewis at oregon.gov<mailto:seth.lewis at oregon.gov>