OSPS E-News ~ 2020 W4 reminders

Tue Dec 31 08:13:07 PST 2019

Payroll professionals,

Starting January 2, all P010 W-4 (federal and state) entries are on hold.  Read below for more details.  If you believe a P010 entry is needed then call and/or email the Help Desk.

OSPS staff are continuing to test the revised P010 screen to accommodate the new federal W4 form.  If you receive a 2020 federal or state W4 form, DO NOT enter it on the P010.  You will need to wait until the revised P010 changes have been tested and updated in production.  These changes will be done no later than January 23rd; an eNews will be sent out letting you know you can make W-4 entries.  We will be providing a demonstration of the new screen at forum on January 13th so please be sure to attend.

If employees have filled out a 2019 W4 after December final run 1 and payroll offices entered it on the P010 with 01/31/20 effective date, these entries will need to be removed or they will error out when we convert the data on the P010 screen.  These employees will need to complete a 2020 federal and state W4 form for you to enter once the P010 has been changed.  We are also asking that payroll offices not to update the withholding data on the P010 for December separations until the P010 changes have been made.

Employees are not required to submit a 2020 W4 form unless they claim exempt. However if an employee submits a 2020 federal W4 form, they are required to submit a new state form, even if no changes are being made to state withholding.

OSPS is in the process of working with the Workday Team to update the W4 report used to enter withholding data on it. An eNews will go out once the report changes have been finalized.  At this time, anyone on your report with an effective date of 1/1/2020 or later will need to be re-run after the report changes have been made.  We hope to have this report available for you by the end of the week.

If you have any questions, please contact the OSPS Helpdesk.

Thank you,

Geri Greeno
OSPS Senior System Analyst
DAS/EGS/FBS/Oregon Statewide Payroll Services
(503) 373-0259 - direct
(503) 983-6665 - cell phone
(503) 378-3518 - fax
geri.l.greeno at oregon.gov<mailto:geri.l.greeno at oregon.gov>