OSPS E-News ~ Workday go-live and OSPA

Thu Jan 31 16:09:00 PST 2019

Payroll professionals,

Agency HR offices are currently working on entering January PPDB transactions to make the Workday production environment match where PPDB was when the hard freeze took effect.  This process is critical to complete before allowing business as usual to begin in Workday.  The Workday project team estimates this work will be complete early next week and will then provide necessary data to OSPS.  OSPS needs this data to be updated in OSPA before the interface between Workday and OSPA can be turned on.

At this time payroll offices will not be granted access into Workday, previously scheduled for tomorrow, until these steps (updating Workday and OSPA) are completed.  DAS OSPS is working closely with the Workday project team and will pass along updates when we have them.

Once OSPS is ready for the interface to be up and running I will send out more communication to remind payroll offices of what is changing with Workday and what is not.

As a general reminder:  Workday is replacing PPDB the enterprise HR system.  OSPA and ePayroll are NOT changing or being replaced at this time and both systems will be receiving data from Workday instead of PPDB.

Attached is communication from Workday regarding the soft launch.

Thanks,

Seth Lewis
Manager
DAS/EGS/FBS/Oregon Statewide Payroll Services
503-373-0198, direct
503-378-3518, fax
503-378-6777, OSPS Help Desk
seth.lewis at oregon.gov<mailto:seth.lewis at oregon.gov>