OSPS E-News ~ FW: Workday: last 30 days, next 30 days, & at least 30-60 days out

Wed Feb 26 16:49:47 PST 2020

Forwarded on behalf of Workday:

From: GARCIA Pastor * DAS <Pastor.Garcia at oregon.gov> On Behalf Of CHRO Workday * DAS
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 4:00 PM
To: hrexec at listsmart.osl.state.or.us; hrmgr-net at listsmart.osl.state.or.us; Hrtech-net at listsmart.osl.state.or.us; recruiters at listsmart.osl.state.or.us; wd_arc at listsmart.osl.state.or.us; wd_ch_ldr at listsmart.osl.state.or.us
Subject: Workday: last 30 days, next 30 days, & at least 30-60 days out

Good afternoon,

Below is our regularly planned recap of what has recently been completed related to the Workday system over the last 30 days, what is in progress for the next 30 days, and what we expect to accomplish between 30-60 days from now.  Due to the holidays this report does include approximately two months of completed actions as we did not publish this information in January.  We hope you find this information valuable.

Recently Completed

Compensation

*         New Allowances (aka Differentials) created from the September, November, and January E-Board letters

*         Salary Selectives from November E-Board Letters were completed.

*         COLA's from November and January E-Board letters and AFSCME OHA - Physicians (from September E-Board letter) were completed.

*         For a step increase to occur on an employee there cannot be a Request Compensation Change action in progress. Therefore, based off of feedback from our weekly WebEx participants, on the first of the month (at approximately 6 a.m.) if a compensation action is in progress, the integration will now cancel the action. This will allow the step increase to occur for the agency, preventing it to be completed manually. We created a specific notification that now sends to both the initiator, and Compensation Partner for the cancelled action - giving them notice the action was cancelled and they need to reinitiate their cancelled action. We also created a report of these actions so they can be monitored/worked for your agency monthly.

*         Employees that needed to be moved to a new classification due to negotiated changes were updated in mass on the agencies behalf, preventing them to be moved individually by the agency (includes changes from E-Board letters, LOA's and other branches of government).

User experience

*         Created another new company and supervisory structure for the Oregon Optometry Board.

*         Removed the step delay for end additional job, allowing it to automatically complete.

*         Improved the speed and quality of the data on the position description.

Gender identity
*         Enabled Workday delivered gender identity question within Workday for workers to be triggered in the offer process or to be done by the employee at any time. This is in addition to the existing gender question required for Federal EEO reporting.

*         Created an additional question in the state application template to capture gender identity of applicants.

Data quality
*         Systematically improved county information on workers primary home address. Correcting current data and created an integration that runs every Saturday to correct any counties entered by users incorrectly.
*         Implemented zip code validations.
*         Created the annual average Overtime report for PERS Reporting for the first time with the data reported by geographic area as is required in statute, but was not possible with the previous HR system.
*         Created a process and format<file://WPDASFILL01/DASRedirect$/pgarcia/Documents/Copy%20of%20Weekly_work_contact-submission.pdf> for an agency to update all employee work contacts through a mass load process to ensure they are in sync with their agency.

Enhancing integrations

*         We created an integration to calculate both the initial entitlements at the beginning of the FMLA/OFLA calendar year, but also calculate new eligibility for "new" employees on their 180 and 365 anniversary dates.
*         We created an integration to calculate both the initial entitlements at the beginning of the FMLA/OFLA calendar year, but also monthly calculate new eligibility hours for employees who were not eligible as of January 1, 2019.
*         Created additional file locations and methods for accessing union reports as required by new legislation to labor organizations.
*         Implementing two more agencies to the E-Verify Service.

*         Provided agencies a dictionary of the Workday event reasons<file://WPDASFILL01/DASRedirect$/pgarcia/Documents/Copy%20of%20WorkdayOregon_View_Reference_IDs_Event%20Class%20Sub%2002-11-20_Sorted%20(3).pdf>, along with their associated code, to help agencies better understand the existing agency continuity feeds.

Recruiting

*         Our recruiter workgroup met and tested improvements to recruitment. Moving forward is Recruiter Workspace and Primary Recruiter. Self-scheduling did not receive the support of the workgroup so we will continue to work with Workday on how they can design it in the future to better meet our needs.

*         Implemented solution to allow for state agencies who have an intergovernmental agreement to treat their employees as internal employees for purposes of recruitment who are not in Workday. Agencies implemented so far are Oregon Correctional Enterprises and State Lottery.

Position management & budgeting

*         Worked on possible solutions to improve position management and holding position budget data within Workday for both budgeted and non-budgeted positions.

*         Made improvements to the position description business process. It now allows the Manager, Workforce Liaison, HR Assistant, HR Partner, or Compensation Partner to complete nearly all the elements of the position description. The last action goes to the HR Partner and Compensation Partner as a final reviewer to ensure they see and approve of the changes made by the other roles. We also improved the report that can be printed of the Position Description adding signature lines and other enhancements to make it nearly mirror the state format used in the Word template.

Reporting
*         Oregon Transparency Website workforce data<https://www.oregon.gov/transparency/Pages/state_workforce.aspx> was published in early January.
*         Completed the required annual report for ACA for PEBB.
*         Rolled out enhanced Management, Absence, and Safety Dashboards.

Security
*         Provided Security Partner Training forum.

*         Added the ability for a Compensation Partner to view employee service dates for pay equity purposes.
*         Adding the Security Partner to have the ability to view the business process security policy (to help them be able to better problem solve for their agency).
*         Rolled out new Password Reset Partner role (this role can only reset passwords, generate a system generated password or reset challenge questions).

*         Provided Position Budget Analyst the ability to initiate a close position action. It then routes to the HR Partner or Compensation Partner for approval. Also added the ability for the HR Partner to rescind or correct the closure of a position if it was completed in error.
*         Improved security of Finance Partner role to be able to view greater position detail on workers within their organizations.

*         We created and rolled out a new agency head security role. This role was developed to also help with future enhancements specifically for agency heads, such as unique dashboard reports. Initially rolled out to ELT members only.

*         Worked with our primary contacts through our weekly Wednesday WebEx to help improve the understanding of the difference of the HR Assistant and Workforce Liaison. Made HR Assistant a required role within an agency to be assigned to ensure our employees have the necessary support in HR offices to assist them with their HR needs in Workday. Without it, no one in HR could assist an employee with I-9 verifications as it only routed to Workforce Liaison.

*         Added additional roles to the dual access policy within Workday per OAM 45.30.00<https://www.oregon.gov/das/Financial/Acctng/Documents/45.30.00.pdf>. Roles with HR update abilities in Workday cannot have update access in OSPA or ePayroll. Workday roles added were HR Partner and HR Assistant. Already prohibited roles were: Security Partner, Compensation Partner, and all Centralized administrative roles within the Workday support team.  Provided Payroll Partner the ability to view candidate offer letters once the worker hire is complete.

*         Improved security related notifications that are sent when an account is reset.

Talent

*         Implemented Career Achievements. From the Career Worklet, or the Career section of the worker profile, you can now add Awards, Activities, and Publications. This section is called Achievements. If any additional Award and Activity, or Publication Types are needed, for the drop down lists, please email workday.help at oregon.gov<mailto:workday.help at oregon.gov> to request your additions.

System operations
*         Implemented RT, a formal ticketing system also used by ETS, for the Workday Helpdesk. This should greatly enhance our ability to better support all of our users. As of today, we have completed 2504 tickets since our go live of the ticketing system on January 17, 2019 (averaging about 500 completed tickets per week). We are averaging approximately 500 tickets per week.

In-Progress (Next 30-60 Days)

User Experience

*         Hosting Workday Spring HR Forum in March.

Compensation

*         Abolishment and clean-up of Classifications and associated compensation from E-Board letters are being planned for as soon as possible, may take several months due to position budgeting data.

*         Planning and testing adding the new top step to those compensation grade profiles who are receiving it in the near future.

*         Creating a new lump sum reason(s) to be used for documenting retroactive salary adjustments that will be paid in payroll (such as for terminated workers).

*         Salary Selectives from January E-Board Letter will all be completed. Along with a few additional "catch-up" selectives that were determined after mass actions to other groups.

Integrations
*         PEBB - Redesigning the PEBB integration.
*         CPERS - We are continuing to partner with the business team to improve the integration to pick up all the reporting requirements.
*         Finalize and implement an integration with Voya Financial, LLC ("Voya") for the Oregon Savings Growth Plan ("OSGP"). Initial design completed.
*         Conducting a thorough analysis and refinements to the Service Dates integration, including the recently negotiated change to SEIU for actual date for Benefits Service Date, instead of first of the following month. Also adding Judicial Branch to the Service Dates integration so they only have to monitor and if necessary change a service date, rather than manual adjust all service dates. Also testing if moving this to be an integration that runs daily at 1 p.m. rather than running automatically when the action is completed will be a performance problem.
*         Adding Legislative Branch to automated step increases and assisting them with planning for potential compensation structure changes.
*         Working to ensure ended costing allocations are consistently being picked up in the payroll integration as it was discovered this was not always being picked up systematically.

*         Creating new agency data feed option using a web service API to be available for agencies if needed. The agency continuity feeds were meant to replace the previous PPDB feed. These will be a more modern feed, giving agencies a more robust way to connect Workday data to other systems used to manage work within their agencies. We are working with ODOT as an early adopter and will be testing the full file in early March. Once it's ready we will make it available to all agencies who may benefit from it to support their business systems (not to be used to support duplicative HR systems). After the full file is complete, we will work on a changes file.

*         Working on improvements to the RACF process.

Position management & budgeting

*         Partnering with SABRs to plan and roll out refinements to position data related to budgeting. Our goal is to have Workday be in sync daily with ORPICS. We are looking at potentially removing the budget tab, removing the ACR Organizational Assignment (moving security to be placed by supervisory org instead of ACR), and moving the essential position budget data to the additional data section on the position.

Core structure design
*         Executive Boards and Commissions Configuration is being redesigned/completed. Further roll-out of the overall committee functionality will be done after these configurations are completed.

Data quality/integrity
*         Providing the ability to edit a move worker action taken on an employee.
*         Continuing to partner with agencies to help them address actions still in progress that were initiated in 2019, not completed or cancelled.
*         Creating a process to onboard new agencies to Workday (such as semi-independents not currently in the system).
*         Adding the exit interview to kick off again in the job change business process. This was removed just after implementation as it was delaying the job changes process and we hadn't figured out a solution. We believe we have a solution to this now and it is in final testing.

*         Creating new REPR's, this is a major effort for the payroll integration and will need to be carefully planned and tested before being available for agencies to assign to employees.

*         Removing the Job Classification Group: "Service Type", and making it be derived through a calculated field in available reports and integrations.

*         Preventing an employee from editing their Government ID's, without also maintaining an SSN (as an SSN is required by OSPA).

*         Creating validations to prevent the daily rate from being entered on a worker as much as possible (very few agencies and/or job profiles actually utilize it, so it will be limited to those as much as possible)

*         Implementing mass operation management for termed worker actions not completed in onboarding (as these are currently left hanging if not completed). This will give us a systematic way to auto advance them or cancel them when terminated.

*         Partnering with DHS/OHA on effort to help create real time reporting out of OSPA and improve data integrity between Workday and OSPA.

*         Providing the ability for agencies to edit a start date into the future for new hires, preventing undoing and redoing actions already initiated.

Security

*         We are working on a way to provide reporting to Diversity Equity & Inclusion employees within Workday (who may not be in an HR role within their agency). This is in final testing.

*         Continued review of essential Workday Security Roles (such as HR Partner, Budget Analyst, Payroll Partner, etc.). Working with agencies who may need additional roles assigned to help them address any opportunities found.

*         Assigning Agency Head role to all state agency heads on behalf of agencies.

*         Assigning Agency CIO role to all state agency CIO's or those who serve as their agencies single point of contact for their IT needs.
*         Determine security role solution for PERS employees who work on the Oregon Savings Growth Plan ("OSGP") team.
*         Exploring the possibility of allowing the Security Partner role to be part of reroute requests.

Recruiting

*         Rolling out Primary Recruiter, Recruiter hub, and Job Posting Locations.

*         We are looking at parallel stages that recently became available as a possible option to improve recruitment processes.

*         Candidate profile pages will be changing to a new look in March. They will look similar to a worker profile, just a better summary view.

Absence
*         Absence requests become available on Mobile App March 7!

At least 30-60 days out
*         Salary Alignment effort has not yet started. Working with CHRO partners on roll out for these changes.
*         Efforts continue to select an automated testing tool to better support our ability to test enhancements and mass actions more efficiently and effectively. The RFP for a tool is expected to release by March 1!
*         Determining a more efficient process to use information from the Social Security Verification Service report to assist agencies in improving their SSN data validation and process.

Previously reported as planned, but put on hold or cancelled

*         Terminated employee records for conversion - We are looking at creating a conversion termination supervisory organization for each agency, and moving the terminated workers to this organization for the company they terminated in - This will enable the agency to determine who has access to the supervisory organization, providing quicker response time. This will result in a more efficient and effective management of these individuals if they are rehired into state government. This effort proved more challenging than originally thought and has been put on hold for now.
*         The request for an ODOT-DMV integration related to receiving the Commercial Drivers Licenses (CDL's) into Workday for all workers has been withdrawn by the agency.

This list is not all inclusive, but provides you with as much detail as possible as to our efforts on the support team. Please let us know if you have any comments, questions or concerns. A reflection of this email will be posted as an Announcement within Workday to various system roles.

We appreciate your support and leadership.

In partnership,

The Workday Oregon team
https://www.oregon.gov/das/HR/pages/wd-team.aspx
[Workday Oregon signature line]