OSPS E-News ~ Federal Withholding Issue

Thu Feb 27 15:04:59 PST 2020

Payroll Professionals,

It has recently come to our attention that some employees federal income taxes are being over withheld due to a system bug.  The affected employees are those who have submitted a new W-4 for 2020.  We are currently working with the system programmers to rectify the situation.  We hope to have a fix in place by February Run 2 so any over withheld Federal Income tax will be systematically refunded to the employee.

Please note: federal income tax withheld is a component of the state tax withholding formula so there will likely be a small adjustment to the employee's state tax withheld as well.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thanks,

Matthew Riley, CPA
OSPS Sr. Application Analyst
DAS | Oregon Statewide Payroll Services