OSPS E-News ~ FW: Borrowed Leave process available through Workday

Fri Mar 27 13:32:27 PDT 2020

On behalf of Workday, please see below

Jason
(503) 373-0198 - Desk
(971) 900-7688 - Cell

Sent: Friday, March 27, 2020 1:17 PM
To: hrexec at listsmart.osl.state.or.us<mailto:hrexec at listsmart.osl.state.or.us>; hrmgr-net at listsmart.osl.state.or.us<mailto:hrmgr-net at listsmart.osl.state.or.us>; Hrtech-net at listsmart.osl.state.or.us<mailto:Hrtech-net at listsmart.osl.state.or.us>; recruiters at listsmart.osl.state.or.us<mailto:recruiters at listsmart.osl.state.or.us>; wd_arc at listsmart.osl.state.or.us<mailto:wd_arc at listsmart.osl.state.or.us>; wd_ch_ldr at listsmart.osl.state.or.us<mailto:wd_ch_ldr at listsmart.osl.state.or.us>; OSPS Help * DAS <OSPS.HELP at oregon.gov<mailto:OSPS.HELP at oregon.gov>>
Subject: [hrexec] Borrowed Leave process available through Workday

Good afternoon everyone,
The borrowed leave functionality is now available in Workday.  We have announced it to all Executive Branch employees using Workday announcements.  This communication includes links to the two jobs aids we have created to assist employees through the process. You are welcome to share this with your employees in any way you see appropriate.

We will be discussing our all employee communication efforts at the 2 pm HR Director call.  We hope you find this information valuable to assist you in supporting your employees during this difficult time. Here is the message that now displays within Workday:

You can now request borrowed leave within Workday. This process aligns with the expanded options provided by state government's recent Letters of Agreement and policy addendum on COVID-19. For a guide refer Guide for Leave-Related Absences due to COVID-19<https://www.oregon.gov/das/HR/Documents/Guide%20for%20Leave%20Related%20Absences%20due%20to%20COVID-19%203.17.20.pdf>.

To request borrowed leave, follow the instructions in the Borrowed Leave Request job aid<https://www.oregon.gov/das/HR/Documents/GenNav_BorrowedLeaveRequestemployee_JA.pdf>.

After you request borrowed leave in Workday, your Payroll Partner will manually add the borrowed leave to the Oregon Statewide Payroll Application (OSPA - the system of record for leave balances), and the leave hours will immediately be available for you to use on your timesheet within ePayroll.

Note: Workday receives updated leave balances from OSPA via an integration on the 15th of each month for balances available as of the 1st of that month; therefore, the borrowed leave may not be immediately available for requests through Workday, and will need to be requested at a later date. However, this will not prevent you from entering the leave on your timesheet.

If you have questions related to borrowed leave, please contact your agency HR staff (for requests) or payroll staff (for repayment).

Below are links to the job aids:

For Employees:  Borrowed Leave Request, employee<https://www.oregon.gov/das/HR/Documents/GenNav_BorrowedLeaveRequestemployee_JA.pdf>

For Payroll Partners: Borrowed Leave Request, Payroll Partner task <https://www.oregon.gov/das/HR/Documents/GenNav_BorrowedLeaveRequestPayrollPartnertask_JA.pdf>