OSPS E-News ~ FW: Workday 30/30/60 Report: To keep you informed with what’s been done and what’s soon to come

Wed May 13 14:53:21 PDT 2020

Forwarded on behalf of Workday:
From: CHRO Workday * DAS <CHRO.Workday at oregon.gov>
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 1:22 PM
To: hrexec at listsmart.osl.state.or.us'; 'hrmgr-net at listsmart.osl.state.or.us'; 'Hrtech-net at listsmart.osl.state.or.us'; 'recruiters at listsmart.osl.state.or.us'; 'wd_arc at listsmart.osl.state.or.us'; 'wd_ch_ldr at listsmart.osl.state.or.us
Subject: Workday 30/30/60 Report: To keep you informed with what’s been done and what’s soon to come

Good afternoon,

Below is our regularly planned recap of items the Workday support team have completed related to the Workday system over the last 30 days, what is in progress for the next 30-60 days, and what we expect to accomplish between 60 or more days from now (or possibly put on hold).

Note: We have moved our weekly Workday Wednesdays to MS Teams. If you have not already done so, you can add the information for the meeting to your calendar. We have provided all the details at the bottom of this communication and created instructions for non-MS Teams agencies<https://www.oregon.gov/das/HR/Documents/Microsoft%20Teams%20meeting%20%28as%20guest%29_fromWorkdayOregon_5.5.2020.pdf>. Please also remove the no longer current WebEx appointment from your personal calendar.

In-Progress (Next 30-60 Days)

Compensation

·       Planning and completing SEIU Coalition changes that need to be made for groups that moved coalitions, resulting in a change of representation (REPR). This includes Agriculture, OWEB, and Water Resources. These changes will be made effective March 1, 2020. This must be completed between the monthly payroll cutoffs periods. This requires us, on the agencies behalf, to update the employees through the following business processes: Manage Union Membership, Request Compensation Change, and Change Organizational Assignments.

·       Salary Alignment for Board of Parole and Post-Prison Supervision. Effective Jan 1, 2020. Working with LRU on all the necessary details to complete implementation.

·       Planning Salary Selective for District Attorneys. Effective 7/1/2020.

·       Harbors Differential (A request from the State Hospital to change the name of the differential to Collaborative Problem Solving). Working on this request with LRU.

·       Abolishment/Clean-up of Job Profiles from E-Board letters and salary selective. Also removing duplicative Job Profiles when they are not needed/used (some we only need exempt or non-exempt, not both). This is an ongoing effort.

·       Continue clean-up of grade profiles – inactivating and consolidating duplicates as time permits. Mostly because of salary alignments, we have duplicate grade profiles with people assigned. This is moving the people and job profiles, and then inactivating the duplicates. Ongoing effort.

Integrations

·       Addressing needed improvements to INT022 Leave Accrual Monthly File – related to 83300 Agencies  - On brief hold due to COVID-19 efforts, will resume ASAP.

·       Addressing needed improvements to INT021A Time Inbound Leave Accrual Balances – related to errors received in the file, most occurring due to terminations and job changes in the reporting period. - On brief hold due to COVID-19 efforts, will resume ASAP.

·       INT081 VOYA - Testing and targeting implementation of new integration feed with VOYA Financial, LLC (“Voya”) for the Oregon Savings Growth Plan (OSGP) with PERS. VOYA/PERS implementation date pushed back to mid-June.  We are on target to assist them within their project timelines.

·       Working with ODOT on refinement of the draft new agency full file data feed using a web service API. After the full file is complete, we will work on a change file. Once complete - this will be an integration available for any agency who needs it.

·       INT088 ORPICS – Building a new inbound integration to Workday.

·       INT015 V2 PEBB Integration Bug Fixes. Testing with PEBB in process. If testing passes, this will make major fixes for integration issues we have been working around since go live related to when employees go from Non-Benefit to Benefit Eligible and into and out of Seasonal Hires/Terminations.

Position Management

·       Partnering with SABRs to plan and roll out refinements to position data related to budgeting. Our goal is to have Workday be in sync daily with ORPICS (the position budget system of record).  We have removed the budget tab, removed the ACR Organizational Assignment (moved security to the Company (for us it’s the Agencies) instead of ACR) and added a new Agency Reporting Cross reference field in additional data. We have created the essential position budget data fields in the additional data section on the position. We are now working on the integration (shown above also) to populate the data. The primary goal of this effort is to make Workday consistent and timely when it relates to ORPICS data. We will also be updating all of the reports to move to these fields and are planning for this change to be fairly seamless to user reporting. This major effort is anticipated to be complete by June 12, 2020.

·       Continuing clean-up of positions for salary selectives and other bargained/policy changes. Majority of positions updated, continuing to work on those with actions and requisitions in progress along.

COVID-19 Related Special Projects

·       Configure a reference software integration (using an Emerging Partner w/Workday) within Workday Recruiting for OED. The Workday Support team is on a design group with Workday to create functionality that would accomplish similar functionality (automated job references integrated within Workday). This is not going to be an enterprise offering, but an urgent requirement to help this agency highly impacted during this time. The enterprise offering is anticipated when the design within Workday is implemented.

·       Configure skills assessment integration Process in Workday Recruiting for OED. The Workday Support team has had this integration on our to do list since prior to going live, but it had to be tabled as the procurement process was not complete in time to include in our implementation. At this time OED is the only agency set up to fully utilize this during this challenging time. However we are working to design it in a way that it can be leveraged in the future (should the enterprise determine to compete the necessary procurement processes to make this available to all agencies) for agencies to have the ability to opt into it.

Core Structure Design

·       Partnering with DHS regarding current contingent worker functionality and possible enhancements for volunteer record management in Workday. They have the most complex volunteer system in place within the state (that we are aware of). We are currently completing an analysis of their existing system field’s vs current Workday fields.

Data Quality & Integrity

·       Creating a plan to use the ability to do real time reporting with the emulator to improve our ability to ensure OSPA and Workday remain in sync.

·       Costing Allocation Overrides. Mass ending the AY19's for 300 filled positions, and 1400 Unfilled Positions for agencies. This is in testing and is extremely complex due to the payroll integration. This had to be put on-hold due to the changes to positions and removing the ACRs. This will resume as soon as the Position management changes are complete in mid-June.

Security

·       Conducting an audit of all Workday roles with access to PII and their completion of the required Workday Security form. Sent out communications to all individuals still requiring the form to be compete. Will be removing the roles assigned to those who do not complete the form by a specified deadline.

·       Assigning each agency’s CIO the security role of Agency CIO. The initial list Workday received has been completed within Workday. We are now working on adding the agency CIO’s who were not designated in the initial list provided to CHRO.

Recruiting

·       Parallel Processes: This will allow for a worker to be given an offer, while there is a pending background check being performed. This includes multiple other parallel processes.

·       Regenerate Offer Letter – To provide the ability to allow for the regeneration without having to kick it back to “offer” again and do pay equity, etc.

·       Re-Direct – To allow the candidate to “decline” the offer and send it back to a role, instead of having to write it in the comments and still submit it.

·       Vet’s Preference – Working to be able to add an additional tasks to kick off at interview step for those that may have missed the task to submit documents again at the review stage.

·       Review Job Change Business Process for possible security enhancements related to approval process.

·       Examining further enhancements to improve recruiting overall.

·       Truncated position movement process – We are looking to possibly repurpose “hired from a previous system” to Position Number Change Only or something similar so we can help folks move people into different position numbers quicker when they are only changing positions (no other data is changing). This will require very thorough planning and testing as it will involve updates to the extremely complex payroll integration.

Complete (Various categories)

·       Salary Alignment for AFSCME Central Table complete

·       Public Defense Service OPDS – Reprocessed 7/1/2019 compensation changes for the agency. Updates will be reflected on June 1, 2020 Paycheck.

·       Update the positions for OSBEELS that updated from WLU to SEIU on 6/1/2019. The employees were updated previously.

·       Updated structure for Commission on Judicial Fitness and Disability – move from single step to multi step range.

·       Organizational Chart Redesign – Added Job Profile and Position Number.

·       Changed Section 9 of the position description fields (in position additional data): Oversight Activities. It is now enabled for a multi-instance custom list; it previously only allowed you to select one item.  Also updated the Position Description Form to demonstrate these changes.

·       Created new Personal Information Dashboard for employees (to replace current). This is a great improvement to our user’s experience.

·       Created a new Team Time Off Dashboard for managers (to replace current). This is a huge improvement for managers to be able to easily view and manage their employee’s absence information within Workday.

·       Created security role and reporting for Diversity Equity & Inclusion employees within Workday (who may not be in an HR role within their agency). The roles is available for agency users to request within the Request Framework. As with all security role requests, the request must be requested by the user who needs the security role within Workday, to allow for the security form acknowledgement and the required approvals. This role request requires the Manager and Appointing Authority Approval before being issued by agency’s Security Partner.

·       Job Posting Locations – Enabled the jobs pages (external and internal) to allow the ability to search for jobs by zip code. This is fabulous! Check it out, if you have not already.

·       Recruiter Hub - this includes a centralized location where you can easily take action on candidates in different stages, see candidates across job requisitions, and customize the view with movable cards. These cards are the specific action items like “screen”, “review”, and “offer” where it will show you all of your action items within that category in one spot, rather than trying to go requisition by requisition, or search in your inbox. It provides single-click access to commonly used tasks and reports.

·       Completed all required bug fixes for the state’s CPERS report.

·       Talent – Skill Suggestions for employees – Live in Production.

·       All locations have been update to a cadence of (City | Agency Acronym | Specific Identifier) example: Salem | DAS | Enterprise Projects Building,  or  Bend | OSP | Forensic Lab.

·       All Safety Incident Locations have been modified.  Removed the location before each identifier to a*  Example:  Old location of Salem / Enterprise Projects Building / DAS – On-Site will now be  * On-Site. All safety reports have been updated to include the location field before the safety incident location field.

·       Emergency Paid Sick Leave (CV), Paid Family & Medical Leave – Child Care (CVT) and Family & Medical Leave / Family Member – Child Care time offs have been created.  Created Furlough time off for BOLI Management Service only.

60 or More Days Out (or on hold)

·       Efforts continue to select an automated testing tool to better support our ability to test enhancements and mass actions more efficiently and effectively. The RFP process is closed and next steps are being determined.

·       Improvements to the RACF process.

·       Adding the exit interview to kick off again in the job change business process - This was removed just after implementation as it was delaying the job changes process and we could not quickly determine the solution.

·       Implementing mass operation management for termed worker actions not completed in onboarding (as these are currently left hanging if not completed). This will give us a systematic way to auto advance them or cancel them when terminated.

·       Creating new Unions (REPRs). This is a major effort for payroll integration and will need to be carefully planned and tested before being available for agencies to assign to employees. This will need to begin after the position management enhancements are completed mid-June.

·       Executive Boards and Commissions Configuration is being redesigned/completed. Further rollout of the overall committee functionality will be done after these configurations are completed. This will take several months to complete.

·       Create a Complete Business Process for Editing Position Restrictions. This means we tie in the Edit Position Restrictions, Default Compensation, and Additional Data. Who Does it and when, and who it goes to. This is an identified need, but too big to tackle during the current enhancements to positions. This is an expected second phase to position enhancements.

·       Looking at a way to better track interns who participate in state offered internship programs.

·       INT063 Automated Step Increases - Planning to work with Legislative Branch (when the Branch is ready) to automate step increases and assisting them with planning for potential compensation structure changes.

·       Service Type Calculated Field - Removing the Job Classification Group: Service Type and making it derived through a calculated field in available reports and integrations. This is currently in final testing.

·       New Request Integration for Security Roles - When a job change completes, and the worker moves into a role with a security group (inherited roles); we need to send the security agreement form to the worker. This would be a new complex integration.

·       Social Security Verification Service - Determining a more efficient process to use information from the Social Security Verification Service report to assist agencies in improving their SSN data validation and process

·       Approximately 300 Workday Compensation Fields, currently used by Custom Fields in Workday, need to be migrated to new Workday Standard Fields before they sunset the old fields.

This list is not all-inclusive, but provides you with as much detail as possible as to our efforts on the support team. Each item has been put in the most applicable category, while often they do impact more than one area.  Please let us know if you have any comments, questions or concerns. A reflection of this email will be posted as an Announcement within Workday to various system roles.

We appreciate your support and leadership.

In partnership,

The Workday Oregon team
https://www.oregon.gov/das/HR/pages/wd-team.aspx
[cid:image001.png at 01D62789.547A1CA0]
Workday Wednesdays Meeting Information
Every Wednesday @ 10 am via MS Teams
Here is the information needed to join us:
Join Microsoft Teams Meeting<https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_Y2FiN2QzMTMtNjdiNC00YzcyLThlMmYtMDU2NWFjMDYwZWEy%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22aa3f6932-fa7c-47b4-a0ce-a598cad161cf%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%220651ee8f-ea59-42f5-aad1-33479b99167a%22%7d>
+1 503-446-4951<tel:+1%20503-446-4951,,753999567#>   United States, Portland (Toll)
Conference ID: 753 999 567#
Local numbers<https://dialin.teams.microsoft.com/6695bda5-c841-4ea8-9531-d54eb9fd5334?id=753999567> | Reset PIN<https://mysettings.lync.com/pstnconferencing> | Learn more about Teams<https://aka.ms/JoinTeamsMeeting> | Meeting options<https://teams.microsoft.com/meetingOptions/?organizerId=0651ee8f-ea59-42f5-aad1-33479b99167a&tenantId=aa3f6932-fa7c-47b4-a0ce-a598cad161cf&threadId=19_meeting_Y2FiN2QzMTMtNjdiNC00YzcyLThlMmYtMDU2NWFjMDYwZWEy@thread.v2&messageId=0&language=en-US>
Instructions to join (if you do not have MS Teams<https://www.oregon.gov/das/HR/Documents/Microsoft%20Teams%20meeting%20%28as%20guest%29_fromWorkdayOregon_5.5.2020.pdf>)