OSPS E-News ~ Payroll Partner Forum recap-Tuesday 9/21/21

Announcements from OSPS to the users of the Oregon State Payroll Application osps-news at omls.oregon.gov
Thu Sep 23 08:15:25 PDT 2021

Good morning,

Attached is the slide show for the payroll partner forum from this last Tuesday, September 21st.  The forum topics included OSPS reminders as well as a project update.

For the OSPS section of the forum, we provided a reminder that the Oregon Accounting Manual<https://www.oregon.gov/das/Financial/Acctng/Pages/OAM.aspx#chapter45> requires agencies to have their Gross Pay Adjustment reports from OSPS (B075-A and B075-B) reviewed prior to pay day each payroll run by a manager who does not supervise payroll.  OAM 43.35.00.PO provides the requirement for the process while OAM 43.35.00.PR lays out the procedure for the review.  Workday will have a similar process to review payroll input by agencies.

We also let agencies know of a new process OSPS is working on. OSPS is beginning a process to cover the gap between what Workday reports list vs. what is in OSPA.  OSPS will be pulling live data off the P370 for each month of the year and will send this report to agencies for their review.  More information will be included in the emails that agencies receive.

For the Payroll and time tracking replacement project updates, we let everyone know that the team is still on track to begin testing next month, and agencies will be providing assistance with end to end testing starting in November.  We also let everyone know that if they will be helping us with testing, they will be using the security they would have in production.  Also, not everyone will be able to test every function within payroll and time tracking. Testing is about ensuring the system works; functionality won't be changed unless something is broken or not working as intended.

If you have any questions about the forum topics please reach out to the OSPS helpdesk<mailto:OSPS.HELP at state.or.us> for current system questions or reach out to the Workday project team<mailto:OSPS.Workday at oregon.gov> for questions around the Workday payroll and time tracking

Thank you,

Geri Greeno
DAS - Payroll & Time Tracking Replacement Project
Time Tracking Team Lead
(503) 983-6665
[PTT logo for email sig (2)]
[2C50B877]