OSPS E-News ~ Federal Tax Withholding Update - Initial Notice to Employees and Payroll Talking Points

Announcements from OSPS to the users of the Oregon State Payroll Application osps-news at omls.oregon.gov
Tue Aug 15 17:54:35 PDT 2023

Hello Payroll Professionals,

Attached are PDF documents for the federal tax withholding update:
Initial email to employee - federal tax withholding update
Payroll Partner Talking Points - Federal tax withholding update

The initial email will be sent  Aug. 16, 2023 to all employees that had multiple payments in a pay period from Jan. 1 - July 31, 2023. We are using emails pulled from Workday to distribute communication to employees. There are employees from some agencies that do not have email addresses in Workday. We will post the list of employees that do not have emails for Payroll Partners in Workday Drive (Drive>Payroll Partner Resources>August 2023).  Payroll Partners will need to get communication to their employees that do not have email addresses on file.

This does not apply to Legislative and Judicial Branches as they will communicate directly to their impacted employees. We will reach out to these agency contacts to provide the list of employees.

Please reach out to us with any questions by creating a case in case management.

Thank you.

Jason Robinson (he, him, his), CPA
OSPS Manager
DAS | Oregon Statewide Payroll Services