OSPS E-News ~ Insurance Questions

Announcements from OSPS to the users of the Oregon State Payroll Application osps-news at omls.oregon.gov
Fri Dec 15 10:58:38 PST 2023

Hello Payroll Professionals,

As we head into the new year, please use the following to help guide your employees to self-serve for PEBB costs and the cost of Domestic Partner imputed value:

Insurance costs questions:
The employee pays the premium cost (1 or 5 percent based on your election). Here is the link to the Premium Estimator<https://pebbpremiumestimator.com/>.

Domestic Partner imputed cost questions:
Here is the link to the Tax Value for Domestic Partner for 2024,  Domestic Partner Tax Value<https://www.oregon.gov/oha/PEBB/Documents/Imputed-Tax-Values.pdf>

The Domestic Partner Tax Value is added to your gross salary wages and taxed. To calculate this, take the plans total from the Domestic Partner Tax Value and add to your taxable wages (for December payslip you can find this on the lower right hand corner of your payslip in the Taxable Wages).  Then take that number and go to paycheckcity.com and enter your W4 information with the amount you just added together (taxable wages plus Domestic Partner Tax Value ) to see what your net would have looked like for December 1st.  This will give you a close estimate of what your taxes will be in the new year (minus any COLA or raise you receive)

We hope this helps to answer some of your customer questions.

Take care,

Jason Robinson (he, him, his), CPA
OSPS Manager
DAS | Oregon Statewide Payroll Services