OSPS E-News ~ last day for checks

Announcements from OSPS to the users of the Oregon State Payroll Application osps-news at omls.oregon.gov
Wed Dec 20 17:23:26 PST 2023

Hello Payroll Professionals,

As we get closer to our blackout period next week, I wanted to send out this reminder.

All off cycle checks need to be added by the end of the day tomorrow 12/21. We won't be able to make these payments next week.

Also, due to retro being completed on November run 2 for employees with positive and zero net retro amounts, you may be seeing an issue when you try to have retro run and it's picking up no results.  If the employee is due a payment for retro pay and the NRPPT date will not stop it from processing in retro after December run 1 has been completed(12/27), we ask that you add this payment to the off-cycle spreadsheet.  Centrally, we will run a Misc Pre-Retro for the employee and send you an email once the payment is completed to review the pay results on 12/27/23. This is to ensure that the retro results and the negative offsetting entry are pulling forward so that the employee isn't double paid.  This will also ensure that these wages will hit the 2023 tax year.

Thanks,

Jason Robinson (he, him, his), CPA
OSPS Manager
DAS | Oregon Statewide Payroll Services