[PL-Directors] A Gentle Reminder

Jim Scheppke jim.b.scheppke at state.or.us
Thu Jul 9 11:28:02 PDT 2009

Dear Directors:
I would like to remind you that the State Library and the International
Relations Roundtable of OLA are still working to collect 1,000 boxes of
surplus library books to send to our sister province of Fujian, China, this
fall. To date we have collected fewer than 400 boxes.

If your library has already donated to this effort, I thank you. If you can
donate more, we would certainly appreciate it.

If your library has not donated yet, I would hope that you might work with
your staff to plan a donation in the next few months.

I have attached a copy of the original letter that I sent to you in February
about this. It has all the details.

I hope I can count on your help so we can reach our goal.

Sincerely,

Jim Scheppke, State Librarian
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St. NE