[PL-Directors] public library director e-mail communicaton tools

MaryKay Dahlgreen marykay.dahlgreen at state.or.us
Thu Sep 9 10:42:51 PDT 2010

Good morning all-
I wanted to remind you all about the two communication tools for Oregon public library directors that are available to you from the state library. The first electronic list has been created as an announcement tool for the State Library to provide you with official information. That list PL-Directors does not allow responses to either the State Library or to the list itself. Public library directors cannot post a message to that list.  State Library staff subscribe public library directors to that list so that we can be sure that all public library directors are receiving important messages from the State Library.  We appreciate being updated about changes in library directors in public libraries so we can keep the list up to date.

The other list OR-PLDirectors was set up after the 2009 PL Directors meeting here at the State Library as a method for public library directors to communicate with one another about issues of common interest.  State Library staff administers the list (adding and deleting subscriptions when we are notified of changes in directors) but none of our staff are members of the list and we can't send messages to it nor do we receive the messages sent on that list.

If you have trouble posting a message to OR-PLDirectors list please let me know so I can make sure you are subscribed.  The posting address for that list is: or-pldirectors at listsmart.osl.state.or.us<mailto:or-pldirectors at listsmart.osl.state.or.us>

MaryKay Dahlgreen
Library Development Program Manager
Oregon State Library
503-378-5012