[R2R-OR] Resource for early literacy projects

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Thu Jan 21 14:42:23 PST 2016

I thought many of you would like to know about the Early Literacy Calendar for your early literacy projects.—Katie
________________________________
The OLA’s Children’s Services Division’s Early Literacy Calendar is ready! You can download it from our website at: http://www.csdola.org/early-literacy.html

It features 366 early literacy activities, one for each day of the year, for parents to do with their young children. Your library can print copies (which look good in black and white or color) to distribute to families in your community.

There are two versions available. The Publisher file (.pub) can be customized with your library's logo and/or storytime schedule using Microsoft Publisher. The PDF file (.pdf) is ready to print as-is.

We had a fantastic team of CSD members who curated the content and designed the calendar. Let's give Linda Annable, Emily David, Jeanie Diaz, Lorene Forman, Bernie Gies, Danielle Jones, Carrie Kasperick, Kristy Kemper Hodge, Jeana McClure, Darcy Smith, Nancy Spaulding, Annie Sprague, and Peggy Wickwire a round of applause and a seal of approval<http://www.reactiongifs.com/seal-approval/> for their hard work!
Thanks,
Barratt Miller
CSD Chair 2015-16

FYI from Katie: Many small, rural libraries are not getting useful information about professional development opportunities and resources that is being shared on other listservs. Therefore I’ve decide to forward items that are relevant to improving early literacy for 0-6 year olds and summer reading for 0-14 year olds on the Ready to Read grant listserv. . I will be very selective about what I share on this list to ensure they all relate to the purposes of the Ready to Read grant and so you aren't overwhelmed with too many emails.

Katie Anderson, Youth Services Consultant
Library Support and Development Services<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/pages/index.aspx>
[cid:image004.png at 01D0358C.4523C4D0]<https://www.facebook.com/ORLibSupport>  [http://www.thewwwblog.com/images/blogger-logo.jpg] <http://osl-lis.blogspot.com/>   [http://www.aethlonmedical.com/assets/001/5130.png] <https://twitter.com/orlibsupport>   [Picture] <http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/Pages/index.aspx>