[Reforma_or] Spanish Language Magazines

Maria Aguilar mariaa at wccls.org
Tue Apr 3 15:52:32 PDT 2018

Hello all,

I was wondering what you guys are doing with regards to Spanish Language magazines that are getting the US version cancelled or only offering a digital version of the magazine.

Are you looking into getting an alternate version of the magazine from a different country? Not replacing it?
How are your libraries handling/justifying the substantial increase in subscriptions?
Where are you getting your magazines from?
Which ones are the most popular/requested at your library?
Any other insights you might have?

I have at least 3 magazines cancelled on me over the last 2 years or so, and these are very popular in my library (Vanidades, TVyNotas, and TVnovelas.)

Maria Aguilar | Youth Services and Latino Outreach Librarian
Cornelius Public Library | City of Cornelius
mariaa at wccls.org<mailto:mariaa at wccls.org> | http://www.ci.cornelius.or.us/library
503-357-4093 (Library)  503-992-5384 (Direct)
Follow us on Twitter @CORLibrary<https://twitter.com/CORLibrary> and Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/CorneliusPublicLibrary>
Member of Washington County Cooperative Library Services (WCCLS) | http://www.wccls.org<http://www.wccls.org/>