[Reforma_or] Anybody been to LIBER? Thoughts?

Gitlitz, Deborah gitlitz at wilsonvillelibrary.org
Thu Apr 5 12:51:22 PDT 2018

Hi all!

Rachael Fox, Library Director at Hood River (District!) is looking for information about the LIBER book fair in Spain. Hood River does send someone to the Guadalajara Book Fair (FIL) every few years, but are wondering if LIBER is also a useful fair to attend. I haven't been, but I know the folks at Latin American Book Source often go.

As a bilingual youth librarian I do love to diversify my Spanish-language children's collection (in particular) with children's books from everywhere, including Spain or in translation from other European countries, but I've always figured that with my tight travel budget, the FIL is a better choice to find both material from all over the hispanohablante world AND more material that is likely to be culturally-relevant for my service community.

Has anyone been to LIBER who could share thoughts about its usefulness to us, and ease of attendance?

I've copied Rachael on this email, so please hit "reply all."
Also, her email is: rachael at hoodriverlibrary.org<mailto:rachael at hoodriverlibrary.org>

Gracias!

Deborah

Deborah Gitlitz
Community Outreach Librarian |  Bibliotecaria comunitaria
Wilsonville Public Library

503.570.1582
gitlitz at wilsonvillelibrary.org<mailto:gitlitz at wilsonvillelibrary.org>
www.Facebook.com/WilsonvilleLibrary/<http://www.facebook.com/WilsonvilleLibrary/>
Disclosure Notice: Messages to and from this e-mail address may be subject to the Oregon Public Records Law.