[Reforma_or] Interested in the Oregon Battle of the Books title selection committee?

Korie Jones Buerkle korie.buerkle at newbergoregon.gov
Fri Aug 17 08:10:16 PDT 2018

I've loved being a part of the OBOB title selection committee. Application are now open and I would love to see librarians committed to equity and diversity serving on the committee. If you can't make the commitment but want to nominate titles please stay tuned. I'll send out that information in about a month. In my experience we are always short on nominated titles with protagonists of color, written by people of color.

Apply today for a OBOB Title Selection committee: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdOCDPPWvPD_wfXQfrVSToVLu092zY_zVaPziM7BAWQI0ETwA/viewform

We are looking for library staff to serve on the title selection committees. Committee members read nominated books and discuss the books either in person or over GoToMeeting. The three meetings are on Saturdays from 11:45 - 3 p.m.: 11/3/18 in Newberg, 1/12 at TBD, 2/16 at Chemeketa Community College. OBOB does reimburse for mileage. More information on the title selection process can be found in the handbook on page 22 http://www.oregonbattleofthebooks.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/OBOB-Handbook-2017-2018.pdf

Thank you for your consideration!
Korie
(OBOB Finance Chair, obobfinancechair at gmail.com)

Korie Jones Buerkle
Assistant Library Director | Children's Librarian
Newberg Public Library
Office: 503 554 7734 | Children's Desk: 503 537 0304
She, her, hers