[Reforma_or] State Library Assistance for National REFORMA Conference

HANNING Darci C * SLO Darci.HANNING at slo.oregon.gov
Tue Apr 27 13:50:02 PDT 2021

Hello everyone!

The State Library has budgeted funds to pay registration costs for Oregon library staff to attend the REFORMA National Conference (online) this fall. We plan to use a process similar to what we used for the online ARSL (Association of Rural and Small Libraries) last fall and OLA conference this past week.

Since we had budgeted for an in-person conference, it's possible we could provide additional assistance as needed - perhaps for webcams and/or headsets for those that don't have that kind of equipment available for the duration of the conference? Other ideas?

We are also planning on using a rubric similar to what was used for OLA in case we get more requests than we can fund:

     *   never attended REFORMA National, 2 points
     *   performing engagement activities with Latinx or Spanish-speaking patrons, 2 points
     *   unemployed, 1 point
     *   support staff, 1 point
     *   and staff from libraries with 2 or less staff members, 1 point

We would welcome your feedback on the above approach, alternative approaches, and/or other ideas you would like to share that would make the conference a successful experience for attendees.

We can discuss here, you can email me directly, and/or I could set up a time to chat via Zoom. Since we'd like to announce this opportunity in mid-May, your feedback by May 14th would be great.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and feedback!

Cheers,
Darci Hanning, MLIS (she/her/hers)
Public Library Consultant / CE Coordinator
State Library of Oregon
darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov> | 971-375-3491
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/playlists>
Continuing Education Resources: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/conted

[cid:image001.png at 01D73B6C.37EFAD00]