[Reforma_or] Volunteer for a project in Nicaragua

WHITE Sarah B sbwhite at eugene-or.gov
Thu Nov 10 17:13:27 PST 2022

Hello Reformistas - please see info about a volunteer project below! If you have questions, helpful info, or are interested in volunteering, please reach out to Christy. ~Sarah

Hello Oregon Reforma Members,

I am Christy Davis, director at Silver Falls Library District, headquartered in Silverton, Oregon. I have a very dedicated volunteer who is a retired school teacher. He serves as a grant writer and advisory committee member for a literacy organization in Nicaragua called CREA. (https://www.creanicaragua.org). The organization has an issue. It has a library of thousands of volumes and a patronage of hundreds of children. The problem is that the materials are not arranged and there is no formal checkout system. They would like to remedy this and are looking for help in the form of an intern, a group, or even some emails and Zoom meetings. I told our volunteer that i would reach out to groups and try to get information or leads. I realize it is a complicated and big ask but I am throwing it out there in case anyone has ideas or can point me in a direction that might be helpful. Thank you for your time and for the work you do.
Sincerely,

Christy
cdavis at silverfallslibrary.org<mailto:cdavis at silverfallslibrary.org>