[Reforma_or] Springfield Public Library Job Opening: Youth Services Librarian

CURE Kristen kcure at springfield-or.gov
Fri Jul 21 10:45:47 PDT 2023

The Springfield Public Library engages and serves a wide variety of people, and we are seeking a Youth Services Librarian to join our dynamic library team. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion bring new ideas, experiences, and enriches our city.  We encourage you to think outside-the-box and consider how your skills and experience can positively contribute to an inclusive working environment that is committed to serving the needs of all.
More details on duties/assignments: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/springfieldor/jobs/4125887/librarian?fbclid=IwAR28dD_fhJyK7z4n2dzqYnmcnspGfVi7hL253TPZwLwXXvhK-lservubCiA
Education/ Experience:
The City will consider any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, education, and experience to meet minimum qualifications.  Such a way to meet minimum qualifications could include:
•    Bachelor’s degree in library/ information science or similar field, and;
•    1 year of patron service experience in a library

Preferences may be given based on prior experience:
•    Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited program
•    Experience planning library programs
•    Collection development experience
•    Ability to speak Spanish with fluency

Description
Job Number: 2023-42
Classification: Management Analyst
Closes:  Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
Springfield Public Library
SEIU Represented, Exempt, Full Benefits
Grade: C41
$27.32- $38.25/ hour ($56,834- $79,567 annual), Pay dependent on qualifications and in accordance with Oregon's Pay Equity Act.

*Benefit enrolled employees and dependents have access to a FREE, on-site health and wellness center.
**Position includes generous medical package to include $1,200 health reimbursement account, sick leave, vacation, holidays, gym membership, and participation in Oregon Public Employee’s Retirement (PERS).

*This position requires evenings and Saturday shifts.

Kristen Curé

REFORMA Oregon Secretary

Oregon Library Association Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Antiracism Committee Member

Latino Liaison Librarian

Hablo Español

Springfield Public Library

541.726.2232

wheremindsgrow.org

I typically respond to emails between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., Tuesday - Friday.

If you have not heard back from me in three working days, please feel free to reach out.

Please contact me if any material in this email is not accessible to you.  I’ll do my best to provide it in another format.  For more information please see the City’s accessibility page: http://www.springfield-or.gov/accessibility.html