[Reforma_or] Pura Belpre Mock Awards canceled

Brandace Rojo brojo at JosephineLibrary.org
Fri Sep 1 12:19:10 PDT 2023

Hi Reformistas,

A message from your current chair — I’m sad to share that the 2023 Pura Belpre Mock Awards event has been canceled due to lack of engagement. We unfortunately only received two book nominations and our board does not have the capacity to pull this event off if the engagement isn’t there.

We are hoping to take this next year to rebuild our leadership team and find a way to reengage with current members and grow membership. REFORMA division board members are overextended and many have been in their leadership positions for several terms. September 1st marks the beginning of a new term with no nominees to hand the torch to.

I’m so sorry to deliver this news. We are eager to try to bring the Pura Belpre Mock Awards back next year!

Thank you,

[cid:image001.png at 01D9DCCE.82B25800]
Brandace Rojo (she/ella)
Communications & Partnership Manager
REFORMA Oregon President
Phone: 541-476-0571 x114  Fax: 541-479-0685
Email: brojo at josephinelibrary.org<mailto:brojo at josephinelibrary.org>
“En algún lugar de un libro, hay una frase esperándonos para darle sentido a la existencia.”
― Miguel de Cervantes, Don Quixote

The content of this email is confidential and intended for the recipient specified in message only. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender. If you received this message by mistake, please reply to this message and follow with its deletion, so that we can ensure such a mistake does not occur in the future.