[Revenews] Oregon Electronic Filing for tax year 2008

RUTH Mark K Mark.K.Ruth at state.or.us
Thu Jan 15 12:22:31 PST 2009

Good afternoon,

The Internal Revenue Service will begin accepting the transmittal of
live Federal/State electronic returns on January 16th. The Department of
Revenue (DOR) will be ready to begin receiving the Oregon electronic
returns at that time. The IRS will make the first acknowledgements
available on the 18th; the Department will not begin issuing Oregon
acknowledgements before the 20th.  Please anticipate a short delay
before you see your first Oregon acknowledgements because we don't
activate our automated processes until our technical staff is able to
monitor the first few files received from the IRS.
We are asking that you encourage your clients to use electronic filing.
Some of the benefits of electronic filing include  automated
acknowledgment of return receipt from both the IRS and DOR, faster
return processing, and faster refunds.  Those choosing direct deposit
can receive their refunds in as little as 4 to 10 days. Balance due
filers can file early and pay later by scheduling an electronic funds
transfer anytime through April 15th, 2009. If you haven't done so
recently, take a look at the payment options on DOR's e-services page
at:   http://www.oregon.gov/DOR/ESERV/epayments.shtml .  Balance due
taxpayers can also pay by credit or debit  card when they e-file their
returns.

With the season about to begin, also please remember to keep your
software products updated in case your vendor has released any updates.
Even if the update is optional, we encourage you to take it and keep you
package current with the latest release.

	      Thank you for your time,

	       Mark K. Ruth
	       Personal Tax and Compliance Division
	       Electronic Filing Coordinator