[Revenews] Tax Year 2008 PIT return volumes and the April 15th due date

RUTH Mark K mark.k.ruth at state.or.us
Wed Mar 25 12:30:08 PDT 2009

Good afternoon,
With the April 15th due date  only 3 weeks away,  we wanted to share
some season to date information with you:
*		As of earlier today, we had downloaded 676, 675 returns
from the IRS.  That volume is  5.5% ahead of the same calendar date for
last 	season.
*		As of  April 15, 2008, we had downloaded 91% of our
e-filed PIT returns for  all of tax year 2007.
*		April 2009 should see a significant increase in our
daily volume, with the week leading up to the due date being
particularly busy.
*		Last year we received a 2 day total of over 90,000
returns on April 14th and 15th. With that level of volume, you may see a
slight delay in the 	receipt 	of your Oregon acknowledgements.
*		Some of your software providers have issued maintenance
releases over the course of the season.  We hope that you have kept your
packages current by adopting those updates.
Thank you,
Mark K. Ruth
Oregon Department of Revenue
Personal Tax and Compliance Division