[Revenews] Oregon E-File and the January Special Election

PURKEYPILE Steve steve.purkeypile at state.or.us
Thu Dec 10 13:34:30 PST 2009

SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT E-FILE AND THE JANUARY 26, 2010 SPECIAL ELECTION

As you know, the Department of Revenue is requesting that taxpayer's not
file until the results of the special election are known. (The special
election will take place January 26, 2010.) We won't be processing any
tax year 2009 returns until after the election results are tallied.
However, we will continue to acknowledge electronically filed returns as
either accepted or rejected as they are received.

If you have clients that are not impacted by the Special Election
(higher income, unemployment income, etc.), you could file that return
electronically prior to the election.  You will receive a timely
acknowledgment from Oregon to indicate that the return has been accepted
or rejected.  However, we won't send that return on through our complete
processing system until the election results are tallied.  We will also
be holding paper and bar code returns.

Electronically filed returns will still receive a processing priority
when we turn on our processing system.  Flipping your early clients to
paper will not get that return through our processing system ahead of an
electronically filed return.  We encourage you to keep your clients as
electronic filers.

If you have any questions about how the January 26th Special Election
will impact our processing system time line please email us at:

Prac.Revenue at state.or.us