[Revenews] How Much Do I Owe? release update

PURKEYPILE Steve steve.purkeypile at state.or.us
Wed Jun 30 09:08:27 PDT 2010

"How Much Do I Owe?" is now available to taxpayers from Revenue's
internet home page-http://www.oregon.gov/DOR.

Check it out and tell taxpayers about it.

Taxpayers can find how much they owe in delinquent taxes and then go
directly to the department's e-payment options to make a payment. The
taxpayer must provide their:

*	last name;
*	SSN/ITIN; and
*	Oregon Taxable Income (OTI) and tax year from a previously filed
tax return, or output id number from a DOR notice.

The "How Much Do I Owe" page will show:

*	Debts from personal income tax and transit self-employment
programs;
*	The previous 10 filing years; and
*	A credit balance or an amount due.

The page will not show an amount due for liabilities that:

*	are older than 10 years;
*	have Innocent Spouse activity, unless it's the appropriate
taxpayer;
*	are in Bankruptcy or have been sent to an outside collection
agency for either taxpayer; or
*	are un-assessed with liability numbers greater than 2 due to
on-line payment limitations and offset rules.

It will show the year and tax program for these liability types, but not
an amount due. Users will get a message to call a specific area at DOR
for more information (e.g. CAP/Bankruptcy, Tax Services, etc.).

The department is working on adding other functions for taxpayers to the
web site. We'll keep you informed on new developments as they happen.