[Revenews] Update on reconnect - correction

PURKEYPILE Steve steve.purkeypile at dor.state.or.us
Wed Mar 9 11:22:42 PST 2011

In yesterday's post regarding the update on reconnect, one of the frequently asked questions addressed what taxpayers (or practitioners) should do if they have already filed a 2010 return with an addback.  Our answer to that question has been modified from yesterday's post as follows:

Question: I filed a return and added back some items that we are now connected to (for example, the tuition and fees deduction).  Will the department make the adjustment or should I amend?

Updated Answer:  If you filed the return before March 8, 2011 with an addback for either the tuition and fees or educator expenses deduction, the department will make the necessary corrections to the return for you.  For all other addbacks, you will need to file an amended return removing the addition.

Steve Purkeypile
Personal Income Tax Policy
Oregon Department of Revenue