[Revenews] Update on reconnect - revision from yesterday

PURKEYPILE Steve steve.purkeypile at dor.state.or.us
Thu Mar 10 08:24:24 PST 2011

Good morning.  Unfortunately, I must rescind my posting yesterday in which I indicated that the department would correct returns where an addback was included for tuition and fees or educator expenses.  We initially thought it was just a couple thousand returns but it turns out that it was about 10 times that amount.  Simply put, the department does not have the resources to take on that work without severely impacting the current filing season.  As a result, any 2010 returns that include an addback for any items we are now connected to need to be amended.

I am truly sorry for the confusion.  Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Steve Purkeypile
Personal Income Tax Policy
Oregon Department of Revenue