[Revenews] iWire Direct Now Available

MACK Deanna D deanna.d.mack at state.or.us
Wed Apr 4 14:27:29 PDT 2012

Payroll Tax News
LISTSERVE Newsletter
April 2, 2012

iWire Direct Now Available!!

"iWire Direct," the direct-file option allowing you to manually enter your W2 information, is now available. Visit the iWire home page at:
 http://www.oregon.gov/DOR/BUS/iwire-income-wage-information-return-eservices.shtml.

Use iWire Direct if you have just a few W-2s to enter. You simply enter the W2 information from the hard copy directly into our system. Review the manual entry instructions<http://www.oregon.gov/dor/BUS/Documents/iWire-manual-entry-instructions.pdf> before trying to submit a file.

Note: The deadline to submit W2's has been extended to May 31st 2012. .

1099 Reminder: If you issue 250 or more of any one type of 1099 that Oregon requires (currently only the 1099MISC, 1099R, 1099G, and W-2G) then you are required to file them with us if the payer or the payee has an Oregon address. If you have fewer than 250 this year, you are not required to file 1099s with us. In 2013 (for 2012 returns), that threshold drops to 100. In 2014 (for 2013 forms), the threshold drops again and applies to those that issue 10 or more.

If you are not required to file 1099s electronically because you issue less than the threshold for this year, you are not required to file the paper copies with us. In the near future, you will be able to use iWire Direct to manually enter them if you choose to, but you are not required to because you do not meet the threshold.

W-2C Information:  If you need to correct a W-2 you already submitted to us, you must mail a paper copy to us at:
Oregon Department of Revenue
Attn: W-2C
PO Box 14260
Salem, OR 97309-4260

Contact us:
If you have any questions about iWire or iWire Direct, feel free to call our help line at 503 945-8127 or e-mail us at iWire.DOR at state.or.us<mailto:iWire.DOR at state.or.us>. Our goal is to respond to your question within one business day. We are in the office Monday through Friday, 8 to 5.

Deanna Mack
Withholding and Payroll Tax Section
Policy and Legislative Coordinator
Data Classification: Level CL2-Limited

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CD126F.0FBBAD00]

Want the latest info regarding payroll issues? Self-subscribe to "Payrolltax-News" to find out all of the latest payroll tax information such as rate changes, legislative issues and new laws, and return processing questions. By signing up, you will receive an email with the latest info. Employers and other interested individuals can self-subscribe to the list by following this link: www.oregon.gov/DOR/BUS/payrolltaxnews.shtml<http://www.oregon.gov/DOR/BUS/payrolltaxnews.shtml>