[Revenews] Surplus Refund (Kicker) Percentage

BALL Shannon * DOR Shannon.BALL at oregon.gov
Mon Oct 12 16:05:52 PDT 2015

Surplus Refund (Kicker) Percentage

On October 2, the Oregon Office of Economic Analysis announced that the surplus refund (kicker) rate is 5.6 percent. The kicker is a refundable tax credit you can claim on your 2015 Oregon personal income tax return. To determine your credit amount, multiply your 2014 tax liability before credits, excluding credit for taxes paid to another state, by 5.6 percent. To receive the kicker you must file a 2015 return, even if you're not otherwise required to do so.
We will have a "What's my kicker" calculator available online before filing season begins. Please encourage taxpayers who don't have access to their 2014 returns to visit our website in January-www.oregon.gov/dor-for help calculating their kicker credit.

If your filing status changed between the 2014 and 2015 tax years, see the 2015 personal income tax return form and instructions for information on calculating your credit.