[Self-Management_OR] YMCA's Diabetes Prevention Program & Diabetes Academy Classes

Miles Susan M susan.m.miles at state.or.us
Wed Dec 10 08:42:24 PST 2014

Greetings,

I hope your holiday season is off to a great start!

I want to share with you our new YMCA's Diabetes Prevention Program Brochure, for 2015. It has all of the program information, descriptors and a full registration/qualification form on the one piece of paper. I am happy to get more of these brochures sent to you to update what you have on file or to get these brochures to you for your first time. Please write me back if you wish for me to send or deliver new brochures to you and your business.

The YMCA's Diabetes Prevention Program is a year-long program, here to help individuals with prediabetes reduce their risk of developing diabetes. We run the program in small groups, that start and end together with the same Lifestyle Coach for a whole year. The year begins with 16 weekly sessions and continues with a monthly session for a total of 24 classes together. This is an excellent program for people who want group support, accountability, positive reinforcement, wiggle room to mess up and get back on the right track and be educated and confirmed throughout the process.  The 12-month YMCA's Diabetes Prevention Program costs $429.00 per person. Financial Assistance is available to those who qualify.

We will start a new group on:
Tuesday Nights, 6-7pm
Beginning Jan 13th, 2015

More classes will follow throughout 2015.

In addition, I am happy to share our Winter/Spring 2015 class schedule for the FREE Diabetes Academy Classes here at the Y. Please see the attached schedule and share this information with your patients, friends and circles of influence. The Diabetes Academy class is free, happens once a month, located at the Y and is led by a Diabetes Educator from Novo Nordisk. Each month the topic changes so individuals can learn something new each month and build on what they know.

From our Y to your workplace, we wish you a very warm holiday season.

Happy Holidays,
Kari
Kari Porter
Director of Health & Wellness
YMCA's Diabetes Prevention Program Coordinator
EUGENE FAMILY YMCA
2055 Patterson Street, Eugene, OR 97405
541 686 9622
kari at eugeneymca.org<mailto:kari at eugeneymca.org> / www.eugeneymca.org<http://www.eugeneymca.org>

The Y: We're for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.

Follow us on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/eugeneymca> & Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/eugeneymca>