[Self-Management_OR] Quarterly Self-Management Network Minutes & Demo Information

Living WELL living.well at state.or.us
Fri Mar 20 12:24:47 PDT 2015

Good Afternoon Self-Management Network,

Thank you to everyone who called-in for the network call and portal demonstration yesterday. We had over 40 participants!

Attached are the meeting minutes and PowerPoint of the portal demo. These documents will be available on the Oregon Self-Management Network<https://public.health.oregon.gov/DiseasesConditions/ChronicDisease/LivingWell/Pages/network.aspx> web-page later next week. The audio for the presentation is also available at: http://ceacw.org/readytalk/2014/QTAC-051514/lib/playback.html.

The new Portal is an exciting opportunity to expand our capacity to offer self-management classes across Oregon. For more information about how our work in self-management fits into the bigger picture of work to address chronic disease, please see the information below regarding a new and exciting blog from Karen Girard about the relationship between health and social condition.

No Images? Click here<http://oha.cmail19.com/t/r-e-qddtily-ikdhuywur-t/>

[Health Within Reach]<http://oha.cmail19.com/t/r-l-qddtily-ikdhuywur-r/>

​

​

“Oregonians representing a wide range of professions and passions have long known how place matters to people’s lives and well-being.”
– Karen Girard
Karen Girard is the Manager of the Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention section for the Public Health Division, Oregon Health Authority. Today marks the beginning of a blog—called Health Within Reach<http://oha.cmail19.com/t/r-l-qddtily-ikdhuywur-y/>—Karen is writing on how the social conditions in which we live affect our health. And public health isn’t alone in this conversation—we’re hoping to hear from you whether you’re interested in health, transportation, planning, education, physical activity, nutrition, tobacco or looking at access to any of these things for everyone in Oregon.
Read more here and sign up to receive future news and information from Karen.
Thanks for your interest. We’ll look forward to continuing this conversation with you.
--Oregon Public Health Division Communications
healthwithinreach.org<http://oha.cmail19.com/t/r-l-qddtily-ikdhuywur-j/>
If you have questions or comments, please do not reply to this email. Instead, please send a note to info at healthwithinreach.org<mailto:info at healthwithinreach.org>.

​

​

[http://i7.cmail19.com/static/eb/master/01-mason/images/twitter-dark.png]<http://oha.cmail19.com/t/r-tw-qddtily-ikdhuywur-i/>

Tweet <http://oha.cmail19.com/t/r-tw-qddtily-ikdhuywur-d/>

[http://i8.cmail19.com/static/eb/master/01-mason/images/forward-dark.png]<http://oha.forwardtomyfriend.com/r-ikdhuywur-EE668EEB-qddtily-l-h>

Forward <http://oha.forwardtomyfriend.com/r-ikdhuywur-EE668EEB-qddtily-l-k>

Best Regards,
Katrina Seipp, MPH
Self Management, Administrative Support

Health Promotion & Chronic Disease Prevention
Oregon Health Authority-Public Health Division
800 NE Oregon Street, Suite 730
Portland, OR 97232
Desk: (971)673-1376
Mobile: (406)459-9914