[Travel_Policy-News] GSA makes announcement concerning POV rates

ROSS Kathryn * SCD SARS kathryn.ross at state.or.us
Thu Jun 30 14:00:26 PDT 2011

Hello Travel Coordinators,

Timing is everything!

The State Controller's Division has received notice of the following GSA
announcement:

The IRS recently announced an increase to the standard automobile
mileage rate from 51 cents to 55.5 cents effective July 1, 2011.  GSA is
not increasing the Federal POV (privately owned vehicle) mileage rates
at this time.  The results of our evaluation do not support a change,
although we will continue to monitor rates on a monthly basis.

IRS considered only gasoline prices in their evaluation. Additionally,
the gasoline price was based on data from June 13 only.  When we [GSA]
evaluated gasoline prices on June 27, the rate was found to have
dropped.  Unlike IRS, the statutory language of 5 USC 5707 (b) (1) (B)
requires the exclusion of taxes from GSA's calculations.

As a result, the state's current private vehicle mileage reimbursement
rate will remain at 51 cents until further notice.

Thank you,

Kathy

Kathryn Ross

Statewide Accounting & Reporting Manager

Oregon State Controller's Division

155 Cottage Street NE, U-50

Salem, OR 97301

NEW Phone:  (503) 373-0265

Fax:  (503) 378-3514

http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/SARS <http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/SARS>

Data Classification: Level 1 - Published

How are we doing?

Please complete our customer service survey.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SCD_Feedback
<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SCD_Feedback>

Your opinion matters.

Thank You!