[West Coast Data Network] West Coast Ocean Data Network News and Surveys!

west_coast_data_network at listsmart.osl.state.or.us west_coast_data_network at listsmart.osl.state.or.us
Thu Oct 17 14:34:15 PDT 2013

Hello all, I hope everyone is having a great October and welcome back to
our federal partners! We are about a month away from our upcoming West
Coast Ocean Data Network meeting Nov. 19-20th in Costa Mesa, CA
and are excited see friends old and new. You can view our agenda
here<http://www.westcoastoceans.org/media/Data_Network_ACT/Travel/Agenda_West_Coast_Ocean_Data_Network.pdf>.
For those of you already registered, please make your travel
arrangements<http://www.westcoastoceans.org/media/Data_Network_ACT/Travel/Directions_West_Coast_Ocean_Data_Network.pdf>.
If
you have not yet registered, please do so ASAP (for either in person or
web-cast participation) at westcoastdata.eventbrite.com.****

**In other news, we are also happy to announce that we have chosen
Point 97<http://pointnineseven.com/>and the Coastal
and Marine Research Centre <http://www.cmrc.ie/> as contractors to help us
develop and implement a use case for data visualization and
analysis regarding the issue of marine debris on the West Coast. You can
read more here.<http://www.westcoastoceans.org/media/Press_Release/WCGA_Marine_Debris_Data_Portal_Announcement_FINAL.pdf>

**

**We are also looking forward to the ESRI Ocean GIS Forum Nov. 5-7 in
Redlands <http://www.esri.com/events/oceans>. The West Coast Ocean Data
Network will be presenting on the West Coast Ocean Data Portal. We are
hoping to also present some information about the Network's use of ESRI
products to help ESRI develop products that better suit our community
needs.

   - *Please take 5 minutes to complete this survey by Nov 1st. Your input
   is much appreciated. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3MTYXW9*

**

Finally, we recently got a request from the EBM Tools Network to survey our
Network about the use of Tools and Resources to address Climate Change.
Please take a moment to complete this survey by Oct. 31st. **
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MarineClimateChangeTools
*
*
*The WCGA West Coast Ocean Data Network is committed to increasing the
discoverability and connectivity of West Coast ocean and coastal data and
people to inform regional priorities like marine debris, adaptation to sea
level rise, and ocean acidification. *
*
*
*To learn more about the West Coast Ocean Data Portal project or sign up
for updates, please visit www.westcoastoceans.org/WCODP. ***