[yscon] Advice for Making Big SRP Changes

jdwyer at library.ohio.gov jdwyer at library.ohio.gov
Mon Dec 18 11:00:09 PST 2017

Dear Danielle,

Good luck with this tricky situation! The question of state-level support for libraries' SRPs comes up here from time to time. The $$ value of support offered varies widely among states thanks to budget constraints, agency priorities, etc., but I think it's safe to say that RI's suite of support is VERY generous.

In Ohio, we pay for CSLP manuals for each library building, and the CSLP membership, and that's about it for direct support with a $$ value (we also provide lots of access to resources, workshops, etc.). We do partner with the Ohio State Fair, Ohio Dept. of Natural Resources (State Parks), and the Ohio Renaissance Festival to provide discount coupons to their attractions. Ohio public libraries are permitted to reproduce and distribute as many of these coupons as they wish (to summer reading program participants only) at no cost to the library.

I think others of us have larger statewide incentive programs, and I'd like to add more attractions to ours. If you can work out collaborations with any area attractions, that might be an attractive replacement for the performers.  And it would doubtless be less work for you!

Best,
Janet

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D37808.829AA240]
Janet Ingraham Dwyer