[yscon] Thinking Caps...

Lancaster, Catherine (MDE) LancasterC5 at michigan.gov
Tue May 9 05:56:51 PDT 2017

Hi YSCON,
I'm wondering if you could all put your thinking caps on for me and help brainstorm a new program title for what we formerly called our Michigan Reads!<http://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan/0,2351,7-160-18668_26038_26366---,00.html>, a One Children's Book, One State program.  Most book awards/programs from the State of Michigan have titles either with "Michigan" or "reading" or "books" somewhere in it, & Michigan Reads! has never really stood out or had a clear meaning.  Michigan Reads! is the early literacy program that we implement in March for Reading Month.  We're revamping the program to focus more on public libraries, providing them with multiple copies of the book and a storytime outline specifically designed for outreach.  Possible titles: "Every Child Ready to Read in Michigan" (we focus on the 5 practices), or "Reach Out & Read: Michigan."

So, what do you call your early literacy programs/picture book giveaways?
Feel free to respond off-list with any suggestions.

Thank you,

Cathy Lancaster

Youth Services Coordinator
Statewide Library Services