[yscon] Keynote speaker for teen services online conference

King-Oaks, Krista (KDLA) Krista.King-Oaks at ky.gov
Fri May 5 05:03:52 PDT 2017

Hi Katherine,

I second Cathy's recommendation in working with YALSA. I contacted them for a workshop speaker for our state conference, and they were easy to work with. I would contact Executivve Director, Beth Yoke: Beth Yoke ‎[byoke at ala.org]‎

Our workshop speaker was Denise Agosto, Professor at Drexel University. She specializes in information literacy and teen development and she has an article in YALS that should be out this month on a recent study; I've attached a few handouts for reference. However, she spoke to our group on advocacy and building your case when working with management to expand resources at your library for teen services. I know it sounds a bit dry, but it was a highly interactive workshop and our participants came away exteremely pleased and inspired. I'm not sure how it would translate in an online environment, but it would be worth exploring.

As I think of more folks, I will send them your way!

Best of luck,
~Krista

Krista King-Oaks
Youth Services Consultant
Library Development Branch
Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives<http://kdla.ky.gov/Pages/default.aspx>
(502) 564-1739
krista.king-oaks at ky.gov<mailto:krista.king-oaks at ky.gov>

Services provided by the Library Development Branch of KDLA are
funded in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
[imls]