[yscon] FYI: Core Collections and diversity

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Tue May 9 09:39:00 PDT 2017

I thought some of you might be interested to know that the State Library of Oregon sent a letter to Core Collections requesting that they "take steps to be more explicit and intentional about accounting for diversity in the Core Collections series." Concern about diversity in the series was brought to the State Library's attention by REFORMA Oregon. When one of my co-workers looked into it, she found no mention of diversity in the preface of the books or on their website. Attached is the letter the State Library of Oregon sent to Core Collection for your information.

Thanks,

Katie Anderson
Youth Services Consultant
katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us> | 503-378-2528 | www.oregon.gov/osl/ld<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/ld>