[yscon] October online meeting - Tuesday, October 17 at 1:00 pm EST

Boston, Carmen L. (DCPL) carmen.boston at dc.gov
Tue Oct 17 09:39:59 PDT 2017

Talk to those who can make it very soon.
Summer Library/Learning Programs and Beyond Agenda

I.                    Summer Library/Learning Programs - outside of the norm

II.                  Examples of some types of programs

III.                Recent awardees

Cedar Rapids Public Library

San Mateo County Libraries

IV.                Summer camps revisit

Below is the conference dial in number to use.

Dial: 877-601-1704
Participant Passcode: 5917151
Participants: Enter your numeric participant passcode followed by a # sign.

Touch-tone Commands:
Command           Description
*6           Self Mute/Unmute

Carmen Boston
Children's Librarian - Children's Services Coordinator
DC Public Library
1990 K Street, NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC  20006
202-727-1792

"I start with the premise that the function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers."
Ralph Nader

The past few weeks have been busier than usual because I have a new boss (Ellen Riordan, former ALSC President) and a new staff member after two other staff folks resigned in August. But we are going to meet on Tuesday! I just need the weekend to get my thoughts together for the Summer Learning/Library Programs discussion. I want to focus on special/lized programs within the larger context of summer learning. For instance, DCPL does a one-week Science in the Summer Program at select branches throughout the summer and has a Maker Month period during July in addition to all the usual stuff for the summer. By Monday, I will send an agenda and some information to consider.

Below is the conference dial in number to use.

Dial: 877-601-1704
Participant Passcode: 5917151
Participants: Enter your numeric participant passcode followed by a # sign.

Touch-tone Commands:
Command           Description
*6           Self Mute/Unmute

You'll hear from me again on Monday, but I just wanted you to know I haven't forgotten.

Thanks,

Carmen