[yscon] Archive of Homeless Patrons & the Public Library

Wilson, Becky Becky.Wilson at sos.mo.gov
Mon Feb 26 13:23:54 PST 2018

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to share a link to our new Homeless Patrons & the Public Library webinar<https://mostatelibrary.watch.more.net/#/videos/a5d6e945-f1fa-40d9-ba2d-b423b2ab35bb> that was coordinated by our Adult Services Consultant, because it's fantastic. It would be ideal for all staff, especially those on the front lines.

https://mostatelibrary.watch.more.net/#/videos/a5d6e945-f1fa-40d9-ba2d-b423b2ab35bb.

The presenter comes at the issue from a different perspective. I found it to be insightful, and I've been to several webinars on this topic in the last couple of years. This was by far my favorite.  Feel free to take a look and/or share this out with others who may be interested in the webinar, the presenter, or even his book.

Here's the official blurb:
Does your public library struggle with patrons who are homeless, addicted and mentally ill? This super practical webinar taught how to engage problematic homeless patrons with confidence and compassion. The presenter, Ryan Dowd, has spent his career running a large homeless shelter outside of Chicago and is the author of the ALA book, "The Librarian's Guide to Homelessness."

Have a great week

Becky

Becky Wilson
Public Library Services Consultant