[yscon] Latino outreach/storytime workshops

Wilson, Becky Becky.Wilson at sos.mo.gov
Fri Jan 5 08:53:47 PST 2018

I'm not sure if she's doing workshops right now, but I definitely recommend Katherine (Katie) Scherrer.

Katie Scherrer
PO Box 4181
Lexington, KY 40544
katie at connectedcommunitiesconsulting.com<mailto:katie at connectedcommunitiesconsulting.com>
www.connectedcommunitiesconsulting.com<http://www.connectedcommunitiesconsulting.com>

She's the co-author of a book called Once Upon a Cuento: Bilingual Storytime in English and Spanish, published by ALA.

I would love to link you to her webinar in our archives, but it's in a private folder now (and I can't figure out how to share it on our new platform). If you would like to see it, I could upload the video vile to FileShare for you.

However, she also held a later webinar with Webjunction: http://www.webjunction.org/events/webjunction/before-bilingual-storytime.html

I really enjoyed working and speaking with her, and she's very knowledgeable about both bilingual storytimes and engaging Latino populations.  Also, she had excellent references from past work.

I would have loved to use her again for a workshop series, so that she could further expand on the topic (since it definitely needs more than just a webinar). I just haven't had the funding and opportunity to do so, since other workshop topics took priority.

Becky Wilson

Becky Wilson
Public Library Services Consultant
Missouri State Library