[yscon] books for training?

King-Oaks, Krista (KDLA) Krista.King-Oaks at ky.gov
Wed May 30 11:53:01 PDT 2018

Hi Rebecca & All,

We do not have a core collection of children's materials at the state library. Instead, whenever we hosted Saroj, I usually share the book list with the youth services librarian at each host library and they have taken responsibility for checking out the materials from their system as needed. As a backup, I usually check out a set of texts from my home library, but only pack them and bring them out as a last result, if the host library can't get all the copies. I've never had a trouble or kick back on this.

My only (very minor) issue is that even Saroj will still bring all her own sets, and sometimes will pack up the library's copies; it's usually sorted out by the end. :)

Hope this helps,
~Krista

Krista King-Oaks
Youth Services Consultant
Library Development Branch
Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives<http://kdla.ky.gov/Pages/default.aspx>
300 Coffee Tree Road
Frankfort, KY  40601
(502) 564-1739
krista.king-oaks at ky.gov<mailto:krista.king-oaks at ky.gov>
KDLA supports School Ready Libraries<http://kdla.ky.gov/librarians/programs/Pages/SchoolReady.aspx>
[twitter]<https://twitter.com/KDLALibDev>[facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/KDLACE>

Services provided by the Library Development Branch of KDLA are
funded in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
[imls]