[AL-Directors] Oregon Reads: your Stubborn Twig orders

Katie Anderson anderson_katie at oslmac.osl.state.or.us
Thu Oct 2 09:07:48 PDT 2008

Dear Library Directors,

Many of you are asking "When will we get our orders of Stubborn Twig?"

If your library is receiving 10 or fewer copies of Stubborn Twig, your orders will be shipped on Friday, October 10 via courier or US Postal Services.  If you don't receive your order by October 24, please contact Katie Anderson, katie.anderson at state.or.us, 503-378-2528.

If your library is receiving 11 or more copies of Stubborn Twig, an email will be sent Friday, October 24 on this listserv with instruction on how to schedule a time to pick up your order at the State Library.  At that time your orders should be ready, and you will be able to schedule a time to pick them up.  Note:  if you just drop in without scheduling a pick up time we cannot guarantee that you will be able to pick up your books at that time.

If you aren't sure how many copies of Stubborn Twig your library will be receiving, please review the attached list of orders to find out.

Currently, State Library staff are working to repackage the books from the boxes they arrived in into boxes of individual library orders.  In addition, each public library, branch library, and book mobile will be receiving one copy each of Apples to Oregon and Bat 6 thanks to a generous grant from the Starseed Foundation.  The juvenile books will be included with your order of Stubborn Twig.  Staff at the State Library will be putting bookplates signed by Deborah Hopkinson/Virginia Euwer Wolff, and recognizing the Starseed Foundation into each copy of the juvenile books.  Deborah and Virginia were kind enough to sign each bookplate by hand, this is truly generous of them!

Thank you all for your enthusiasm for Oregon Reads 2009.  This is going to be a wonderful statewide event!

katie.anderson at state.or.us, 503-378-2528