[Annual-Report-Contacts-News] Gold Star Date - Recording FY 2020 Post-Close Adjustments in R*STARS

HAMILTON Robert W * DAS Robert.W.HAMILTON at oregon.gov
Fri Apr 9 09:20:24 PDT 2021

Good morning,

While we're still working through our planning for the FY 2021 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (recall, we're no longer using the acronym), which includes the Schedule of Key Dates, I wanted to make sure everyone knew that the first Gold Star Date is next Friday, April 16. As is our normal practice, post-close adjustments from the prior Comprehensive Annual Financial Report must be entered in R*STARS by the close of March, which is next Friday. There were more post-close adjustments in FY 2020, impacting more agencies, than is typical due to the Coronavirus Relief Fund.

While Friday, April 16 is a Gold Star Date, due to SARS' delay stemming from the issuance of the FY 2020 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report later than normal and the related downstream impacts, if your agency is not able to get all of its FY 2020 post-close adjustments recorded into R*STARS by next Friday, please request an extension from your SARS analyst, which will be approved, thereby retaining your agency's Gold Star Status for FY 2021. In your extension request, please indicate a new deadline by which the post-close adjustment will be made, which will be your agency's new Gold Star Date.

If you have questions, please contact your SARS Analyst,

Rob

Robert W. Hamilton, CPA
Statewide Accounting and Reporting Services Manager
Chief Financial Office
Department of Administrative Services
Cell: (971) 719-3031
http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/financial/acctng

Data Classification: Level 1 - Published