[gis_info] New federal bill

hlshook hlshook at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 19:55:30 PST 2017

Hello,

Please allow me to re-post a note that was sent out from a GIS listserv
this afternoon in Colorado.

Thanks,
Heather

*This just came across my desk. Thought is was interesting. This bill was
introduced in Congress (HR482 and S103) on 1/17.  My understanding is that
it has been referred to committee.*

*https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/482
<https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/482>https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/103
<https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/103>*

*Of particular note is section 3:-------------------------SEC. 3.
PROHIBITION ON USE OF FEDERAL FUNDS.  Notwithstanding any other provision
of law, no Federal funds may be used to design, build, maintain, utilize,
or provide access to a Federal database of geospatial information on
community racial disparities or disparities in access to affordable