[gis_info] GISPD.com Northwest GIS Conference Presentations and Workshops

David Howes david at dhowes.com
Mon Sep 14 15:49:08 PDT 2020

Hello Everyone,

I hope you're keeping safe and well during this difficult time.

I'd like to invite you to join me for either or several of the following
remote offerings for the upcoming Northwest GIS Conference.

*Workshops*

   - Introduction to Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS Custom Widget Development
   <https://nwgis.org/page-18101#Web%20AppBuilder>
      - October 19th, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Pacific Time
      - The primary focus of this workshop is, as the title suggests, Web
      AppBuilder, but I'll try to include a quick overview of widget
development
      for ArcGIS Experience Builder too, if there's interest.
      - Please make sure you read my comments regarding Experience Builder
      in the workshop description before registering for the workshop.

   - ArcGIS Pro Python Tools and Processes Jumpstart
   <https://nwgis.org/page-18101#Python>
      - October 20th, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Pacific Time
      - Rather than covering as much detail as possible, as was the case in
      my previous workshops on this topic, the primary emphasis for this new
      workshop is to allow attendees to get up and running as quickly and as
      painlessly as possible, by including a more thorough covering of Python
      basic principles, a set of template scripts, and the application of these
      basic principles and scripts to develop and improve workflows in ArcGIS
      Pro. If you need any help appreciating the value of coding for
GIS, please
      take a look at the slides from either of our previous
presentations, which
      you can find on this page http://gispd.com/events (search for "value
      of coding"). You're always welcome to get in touch too.

   - Registration
      - The cost for each workshop is $260 per attendee.
      - You don’t need to register for the conference to attend the
      workshops.
      - Please register via the Registration buttons next to the workshop
      details (https://nwgis.org/page-18101).

*Presentations*

   - Currently scheduled for October 13th:
      - ArcGIS Experience Builder Widget Development: An Introduction for
      the GIS Layperson
      <https://whova.com/embedded/session/ngug_202007/1210730/?view=>
         - 50 minutes
         - For those of you who kindly attended my session at last year's
         conference in Bend, this presentation follows the same
approach, which is
         designed to make a niche and slightly complex topic palatable
to the wider
         GIS community.

   - Securing Related ArcGIS Online Data by Owner to Support Reporting Via
      a Custom Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS Widget
      <https://whova.com/embedded/session/ngug_202007/1217552/?view=>

30 minutes (possibly longer)

   - ArcGIS Pro Add-In Development: An Introduction for the GIS Layperson
      <https://whova.com/embedded/session/ngug_202007/1210729/?view=>
         - 50 minutes
         - This is an updated version of my 2019 Northwest GIS presentation
         which, for those of you were present on that occasion, may serve as a
         refresher, while also providing potentially valuable new material.

   - You can view the abstracts for these presentations in either of three
   ways:
      - Clicking on the links above.
      - Visiting my Events page - http://gispd.com/events
      - Visiting the conference Agenda page - https://nwgis.org/Agenda

   - Please register for the conference via the Register button at
   https://nwgis.org/2020-Conference.

As always, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or I
can be of assistance in any other way.

Thanks.

David

*David A. Howes*