[kids-lib] Washington Post Article re: Grassroots Movement of Free Fridges

Natasha Chitow library at cottagegrove.org
Mon Jun 28 14:02:36 PDT 2021

There are programs in Eugene that do this; maybe looking at how they're
structured would be helpful.

Eugene Area Gleaners <https://laneelectric.com/gleaning-the-good/> provide
bread drop sites for members to reduce food waste in both the food industry
and in residential areas. Their official website is here
<https://eugeneareagleaners.com/>.

Waste to Taste
<https://www.registerguard.com/story/news/2020/09/29/community-fed-communities-free-pantries-fridges-and-grocery/3477471001/>
is a newer program partnering with local organizations to get food
donations in accessible areas in some Eugene neighborhoods.

--
*To request items for curbside pickup or homebound delivery, please email
holds at cottagegrove.org <holds at cottagegrove.org>.*

Natasha Chitow / Head Librarian
she / her / hers / herself
Cottage Grove Public Library