[Libs-Or] Charging for Interlibrary Loans

Carol Gladstein carol.gladstein at ci.mcminnville.or.us
Thu Apr 8 14:05:31 PDT 2010

We have experienced a tremendous increase in Interlibrary Loan requests
here in McMinnville and are currently looking at ways to streamline our
process.

Our fee policy for Interlibrary Loans is based on mailing.  If the
requested item is mailed to us, we have to mail it back so we pass on
the mailing fee to patrons. They are charged a flat fee of $3.00 plus
any usage fee the loaning library requires if applicable.

Patrons currently have a limit of three interlibrary loan requests at a
time in the system although we are considering dropping that to one.  We
do not limit the format a patron can request.

Carol Gladstein

Reference Librarian/Outreach

McMinnville Public Library

503-435-5553