[Libs-Or] Charging for Interlibrary loans

Dolores Knight dknight at cclsd.org
Fri Apr 9 15:57:44 PDT 2010

We have charged for ILLs for many years and last year we raised the fee from $2.00
to $3.00 throughout our library cooperative.  The fee's purpose is to recoup the
expenses (packaging, postage, and/or courier service).  We also limit to ten
open ILLs per person county-wide.  We have limited staff (but an active library
community) and this allows us to balance the needs of all our library users.

Dolores Knight, Reference Librarian
Coos Bay Public Library
525 Anderson Ave.
Coos Bay, OR  97420