[Libs-Or] What's been happening in OLA-SSD land

Rebecca ROTH rebeccar at multco.us
Wed May 30 16:35:29 PDT 2012

Greetings fellow Oregonians!

This update is a little long because... Our conference is coming up!
Registration is now open and we have some really great financial aid
incentives.   Check them out and see if they'll help you attend this
year:
http://ola-ssd.blogspot.com/2012/05/ola-ssd-2012-conference-registration.html

It's going to be in Eugene at the Valley River Inn.  There are
conference room rates, but be aware of the deadline:
http://ola-ssd.blogspot.com/2012/05/ola-ssd-conference-hotel.html

And finally, we're very pleased to have Brian Doyle as our keynote
speaker this year. Here you can read more about him and his book "Mink
River" and many other works:
http://ola-ssd.blogspot.com/2012/05/ola-ssd-2012-keynote-speaker-brian.html

Everything conference-related is summed up on a permanent page that
will be updated with any new information as it comes:
http://ola-ssd.blogspot.com/p/2012-conference.html
You can always go to our website, as well, to get the latest
conference information:
http://www.olaweb.org/mc/page.do?sitePageId=61760

In other news, we are accepting nominations for
vice-chair/chair-elect. It is a really great way to get involved and
meet other library staff around Oregon. And yes, you can nominate
yourself:
http://ola-ssd.blogspot.com/2012/05/ssd-seeking-new-officers-for-2012-13.html

Having trouble with email subscription to our blog?  Cookies may be the culprit:

Carolee shares an incredibly useful, yet simple, mending technique:
http://ola-ssd.blogspot.com/2012/05/fix-it-friday-repair-manual-edition-one.html
If you'd like to have a hands-on experience with repairing materials,
Carolee will be have her usual all-day bookmending workshop at our
conference, but please note space is limited to the first eight
participants.  If you'd like to attend, register sooner rather than
later.  And hey, registering early gets you a bit of a discount, too!

As always, don't hesitate to send questions to you might have to me
rebeccar at multco.us, or to olassd at gmail.com, or simply comment on the
blog and we'll get back to you.

Cheers!
- Rebecca